The new standard in PCNL training model for targeting kidney stones.
A first of its kind
PCNL Kidney Trainer
Delivering the most realistic, hands-on surgical experience for practicing the removal of kidney stones.
The reusable kidney cartridge inserts can simulate different orientations of the kidney and stone conditions. Surgeons and students can practice the removal of kidney stones whether they are large staghorn, upper and lower caliceal stones, or hydronephrotic (blocked ureter) stones.
PCNL Trainer Features and Benefits:
- Provides a clean, comprehensive, and challenging operating experience.
- Create many different orientations of the kidney and multi-surgical stone conditions via interchangeable kidney cartridges.
- Practice access to the kidney from multiple angles and entry points either percutaneously or through the ureter.
- Reusable for multiple training sessions.
- Eliminates the need for cadavers or animals.
- Reduces training costs.
- Non-biohazardous and no logistical limitations.
- Life-like, ultra-sound responsive skin.
- Built-in anatomical bone landmarks such as the iliac crest, thoracic 11th and 12th ribs, and a thoracic spine.
- Create conditions of hydronephrosis by filling the kidney with water. Fluid drip will result once a guide needle is placed.
- Compatible with IV.
- Can be used with most urological instrumentation and ureteroscopes.
- Can be used via ultrasonographic guidance, CT/MRI and robotic assisted percutaneous guidance and endoscopic guidance.
The perfect instructional tool
Reusable, realistic & portable
The model acts much like human anatomy, mimicking renal access for common procedures in a urologic practice. The internal kidney anatomy contains eight calyces with several embedded stones of assorted sizes and locations.