ENCORIS | PCNL KIDNEY TRAINER
THE ONLY HANDS-ON PERCUTANEOUS NEPHROLITHOTRIPSY TRAINING MODEL FOR TARGETING KIDNEY STONES.
The PCNL Trainer by Encoris features removable skin and accurate anatomic landmarks. It’s the perfect instruction tool for percutaneous nephrolithotomy procedures. The PCNL Trainer can even be used to simulate hydronephrotic conditions.
A First-of-its-kind PCNL Kidney Trainer that delivers a realistic, hands-on surgical experience for practicing the removal of kidney stones.
Using reusable kidney cartridge inserts simulating different types of kidney stone conditions, surgeons and trainees can practice the removal of kidney stones whether they are large staghorn, upper and lower caliceal stones, or hydronephrotic (blocked ureter) stone conditions.
- Surgeons and students can thoroughly practice PCNL procedures as a simulated operation using either ultrasound or fluoroscopy.
- Features life-like skin and subcutaneous tissue layers as well as built-in anatomical markers such as the iliac crest of the hip, thoracic 11th and 12th ribs, and a thoracic spine.
- Provides many different orientations of the kidney and multi-surgical stone conditions via interchangeable kidney cartridges.
- Kidneys can be filled with water providing a hydronephrotic condition as well as fluid drip once a guide needle is placed.
- Trainees can practice access to the kidney from multiple angles and entry points either from the back or through the ureter.
- The trainer provides a clean operating environment and is reusable for multiple training sessions eliminating the need for cadavers or animals for training.
- The model can be used with most any urological instrumentation and ureteroscopes for various procedures to include the removal of kidney stones.
- The model can be used via ultrasonographic guidance, CT/MRI and robotic assisted percutaneous guidance and endoscopic guidance for drainage of an obstructed and hydronephrotic kidney and antegrade renal access prior to percutaneous renal surgeries such as percutaneous nephrolithotomy and percutaneous endopyelotomy.
The model acts much like human anatomy, mimicking renal access for common procedures in a urologic practice. The internal kidney anatomy is hollow, containing eight calyces with several embedded stones of assorted sizes and locations.
REALISTIC EXPERIENCE REUSABLE
PCNL KIDNEY TRAINER BONE IN SKIN OFF
PCNL KIDNEY TRAINER BONE SKIN PARTIAL OVERLAY
PCNL KIDNEY TRAINER INSERT SPINE SKIN INTACT OUTSIDE
PCNL KIDNEY TRAINER INTACT WITH INSTRUMENTS
Meet the Inventor of the PCNL Kidney Trainer
Giorgio Bozzini, MD, Inventor
Urology Andrology Consultant, Department of Urology, Mater Domini, Italy
Dr. Bozzini is an internationally recognized physician specialist surgeon in Urology and Andrology. Published in numerous medical journals, he graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Milan; Private practice at: Medical center Lombardo, Milan Humanitas Mater Domini, Castellanza, Varese La Quiete clinic Surgeries, Varese Istituto Clinico San Carlo, Busto Arsizio.